1. SCOPE OF POLICY
2. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
- We receive and store information that you voluntarily provide when using the Websites and the Services. For example, when you subscribe to our Services, we require you to provide personal information including your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number, company affiliation, and other basic contact information. You may also provide additional personal information to us when you voluntarily communicate with us, such as when you request information, register for email updates or listen to a webcast, submit application for employment, or when you post information to the user content portion of the Websites.
- In addition to the information you voluntarily provide to us, we automatically record information from your Internet browser, including your IP address (the Internet address of your PC), your computer's name, the type and version of your web browser, the Internet addresses of the sites from which you access the Websites (referring addresses) and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record the presence of DSS software or other third party software on your computer, page views (hit counts) and other statistical and tracking information, which are aggregated with website utilization information from other users in order to understand how our Websites are being used. One or more of the above activities may also be carried out by third parties we have engaged to host certain portions or functions of or otherwise render services in connection with our Websites, such as resume submission, or operating a webcast on our behalf.
- While accessing and operating a DSS product, the DSS software may record general statistical and tracking information, such as the date and time a client accesses his or her product and the time spent using it. The DSS software transfers this information to DSS's servers, and such information is used exclusively for internal resource management purposes.
- Referring Sites. Websites that contain links to our Websites are known as “referring sites.” When you enter our Websites from a referring site, we automatically collect information that identifies the referring site and use this information to analyze which third party services send visitors to our Websites and to present appropriate content to our potential customers. DSS tabulates referrer information on an aggregate basis to identify Websites trends and traffic patterns.
3. WHAT WE DO WITH INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
- Third Party Service Providers and Vendors. We share your personally identifiable information with third parties with whom we contract to: (i) distribute information relating to our Websites or Services, (ii) maintain email alerts list and fulfill requests submitted via the Websites; (iii) host certain portions or functions of our Websites (such as resume submission or operating a webcast on our behalf); and/or (iv) provide technical or professional services to us.
- Legal Compliance and Protection of Rights. We may share your personally identifiable information with third parties, including law enforcement agencies or others to the extent appropriate to comply with legal requirements; to cooperate in a judicial or other legal proceeding; if we believe that you have harmed, or interfered with (or will imminently harm or interfere with) other DSS users or anyone else; to enforce or apply our Websites Terms and Conditions or other contractual commitments; or to assert, defend, or protect our rights or property or the rights, property, health or safety of our users or other persons. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of any of your personally identifiable information we will attempt to notify you via the email address you supplied during the registration within reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request, unless such notification in not permitted.
- Business Transactions. We may disclose personal information to third parties in connection with a potential or actual transaction or proceeding involving a transfer of some or all of the businesses or assets to which the information pertains.
4. ACCESS, CHANGING OR REMOVING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may update or request that we delete information that we maintain about you by sending a request to the address provided in Section 11 below, in which case we will update or remove your personally identifiable information from our databases, except as necessary for providing requested services, billing and routine data archiving.
5. COMMUNICATIONS TO OUR USERS
Periodically, DSS will send news and information to parties who have expressed interest in DSS. We also may send these updates to persons who submit a request for information via email on our Websites, register to receive email alerts or register to listen to a webcast offered through the Websites. We may engage a third party to distribute such information and updates or operate such webcast on our behalf, which would require us to share your contact information. You can stop receiving these communications by sending an email request to the address listed in Section 11 below. As an alternative, you may write to us with your request, at the mailing address set forth in Section 11.
6. SECURITY OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
DSS maintains controls to protect the information you provide us. DSS limits access to databases containing personally identifiable information to employees who have a need to access the information. We have put in place security systems designed to prevent unauthorized disclosure of information you provide to us. These systems are structured to deter and prevent hackers and others from accessing this information. Due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, however, we cannot assure that the information you provide us will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
7. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The Websites may contain links to other web sites operated by third parties not affiliated with DSS. The inclusion of any link to such third party sites does not imply endorsement by DSS of those sites. We have not reviewed the sites linked to the Websites and are not responsible for the data-handling practices of any such sites.
Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to register for the Services and DSS does not knowingly collect, either online or offline, personally identifiable information from persons under the age of 18. If we learn that a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will attempt to delete this information from our databases, subject to any technical limitations on our ability to do so.
9. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
10. YOUR CONSENT