Daily Stock Select, DSS, is a unique service specialized in providing forecasts, customized forecasts and backtesting services you won’t find in yahoo finance or google finance or any other commercial/academic financial services sites.
Currently the DSS provides 3 services:
- Our forecasts: Daily selecting stocks for long positions (this module may return 0 in bear markets). We also daily provide a performance analysis of our portfolio with a measurement of our returns, sharpe ratio, Treynor ratio, relative to the market.
- Your forecast: Select stocks according to your set of parameters (Our scientific original parameters are explained in the tutorial section)
- Backtesting: compute the performance of a given strategy. You may save your best parameters for use daily in “Your forecast”.
What the DSS is NOT
- The DSS is NOT a broker, we do NOT offer a trading platform.
- The DSS is NOT based on any well known technical analysis methods (MACD, Bollinger Bands, RSI...)
- The DSS is NOT a complete strategy. You need to use your trading skills and make good choices in order to make an optimal use of it.
- The DSS is NOT an introductory service to stock trading. Users must have some minimal prior knowledge in finance and trading.
- The DSS is NOT strict about the default settings. You should personalize your options by using the “Backtesting” and “Your forecast” services.
- The DSS does not guarantee 100% gains according to the “Backtesting” outputs. This may be very subjective and thus depends on your own experience.
- The DSS does not cover other than the US stock markets and doesn't yet provide shorting strategy.
- The DSS is NOT a programming (code development) service. Here you fill the boxes with your choice of constraints and Run our algorithms.
- The DSS by definition cannot be following any specific mathematical equation since its rules and assumptions change daily according to the “Learning” of the updated state of the markets.
- What are the advantages of registering?
- Do I need to know maths in order to use the DSS?
- Do I need to fully understand the DSS algorithms before I can use it?
- Do I need to have a good knowledge about the stock markets before I can use the DSS?
- Do I need to read about EVERY single recommended stock before I buy?
- Will you offer shorting strategies?
- Will you cover other stock markets?
- Do you assume "Normal distributions"?
- How can I cooperate with the DSS?
- Can the DSS predict the occurrence of a “black-swan”?
- Can the DSS protect my portfolio against negative “black-swans”?
- Does the DSS favor positive “black-swans”?
- What's unique about the DSS?
- “Machine Learning” for trading.
- No preset assumptions about the market (no rigid equations, no forced fittings...).
- Transparency about past performance.
- Exclusion of near quarterly report stocks.
- One month free trial.
No, never! At any point of our computations, we do never assume any Normal distributions, we instead keep the distributions as they are and deal with subtractions of distributions.
If you are skilled in any of the following and wish to contribute, contact us: Python, Django, Database, Finance papers writing, online ads, screencasting.
No, no one can.
May be! Actually, the discipline of setting a strict stop-loss and having a dynamic portfolio with no buy-and-hold and no too long term trading, all these are very good measures for protection against negative “black-swans”.
Notice that the DSS computation of gains/losses takes into account the closing price when the stock price hits the target gain price (usually around +5%). So the objective is not the +5% but the highest potential on that trading day. However when over +5% gains are collected, the position is closed.
DSS v.1 2013
- Daily selection of stocks for long positions based on linear regressions and trend following.
- Starring of stocks with good fundamentals and/or upgraded by third party services.
- Providing Stop-loss and target gains.
DSS v.2 2014
- Inclusion of Machine Learning techniques for selections.
- Improvement of overall returns.
DSS v.3 2015
- Personalized forecasts
- User authentication
Further developments (v.4, coming soon)
- Shorting strategy
- Shorting daily Forecasts
- Shorting backtesting